April 13, 2009

Ramblings







Ok, so it has been forever since I have blogged. Well, as you all know Jasmine and I got Baptised into the church and we would like to thank you all for the scriptures and Jasmine's Baptismal Bag, very cool. Since then, I lost my gandmother to cancer last month and was pretty upset with a higher power for a while, but I think I have moved passed it. I really struggled with her suffering and watching her wilt away drastically on a daily basis. Darren was so sweet, he was a pallbearer for her. On a happier note my brother Bobby has returned to the states from his tour in Iraq, YEAH!!! He is in New York and I think we get to see him in about 2 weeks. The kids are doing wonderful, full of energy and what would life be without the daily trials of motherhood. I have been doing better at housekeeping which I am sure all of you know is my very weak point. Darren is still working at his job but is growing very tired of the same ole routine but struggles because as we all know now is no time to quit a job....if you have one then you count your blessings. Kennedy is SO dang smart and acquired quite a few bad habits in short life's journey. Of course she does have 3 wonderful teachers and, well, she pays attention at school. She climbs up on the back of the couch where she is not suppose to be and looks at me and says "GET DOWN". Now how do you not laugh at such a personality?
Yesterday was Easter and what a good day it was. Malorie and Jazz woke up at 7 and proceeded to wake up the other two, which was a bit much for Kennedy considering she sleeps till 9 on most days. They ate candy for breakfast and I began getting them ready at around 9 to go to my aunt Brenda's in Morristown for Easter Dinner. They all looked very lovely and so did that sexy man of mine. I showered so quickly and asked Darren to part my hair so I could do pigtails only to find that I had forgotten to rinse the conditioner out of my hair? Talk about a brain fart! So I had to go re-rinse and finish getting ready. We had a great lunch and my cousin Karen made this delicious cake, I believe is was called Mile High Chocolate Cake...oooohhhh it was sooo good at 11:30 last night. And then of course I wonder why on earth I weigh what I do. Get a clue Alley! Me and the 3 older girls stayed and attended my cousin Karen's church to watch the Easter play they were doing and let me say OH MY WORD it was sooo wonderful! I was so moved by it! I cried and oh the music was soooo goood! The sang their butts off and I do not know about the rest of you but music reaches me better than anything that can be told to me. It was by far the best church program I have attended and I have been to quite a few of them.
So today I wanted to start off a great day, the girls are out of school one more day. It started off okay except for my ever so reoccuring headache and of course Malorie and her terribly stubborn personality. I swear that girl has more of Darren and me put together than any other child, so far anyways. She is currently in her room for slinging her bowl back and forth across the kitchen table. Sometimes I just don't know what to do. Well, I hope that this has caught you guys up and lets you know that we are all doing well.
Oh wait! My camera! Let me tell you the story real fast. So our camera went M.I.A. for about 2 weeks or so and then we finally found it, Yeah! So one night we were putting together bunk beds and Darren hears this splashing noise. OH YES.....Kennedy was dunking it in and out of water. She is so precious! So of course I salvage the memory card and wait for it to dry out praying that it will work. NOT THE CASE! It would not turn on at all but it would make a noise. I even opened that sucker up to see what I could do and the answer to that was nothing. So I let my children have it as a play camera. Then Friday they were playing with it and Jasmine whacked Malorie upside the head with it. Nice sisterly love I know. Miraculously it knocked it into working order again, sort of. The screen is glitchy and it looks all alienish, you can not delete any of the pictures you take nor can you "play" them,and you really have no clue to what they are actually going to look like, but as you can see above, they turn out great! Yeah. The only thing is the memory card, how do we empty it? Darren is so genious. He said this is what you are going to do, take it to Walmart and look at cameras, stick the card in the camera like yours and delter that sucker. LOL, oh he is so wise and I think I will let him do that. Anywasys, that is the story of our camera. Everybody have a great week!
Peace



4 comments:

The Austin's said...

YEAH!!! I'm so glad you are back into the blogging world. I'm so sorry to hear about your camera. You can take your memory stick/card to most Targets and put it in the Kodak machine and print off your pics. Just a little FYI. I love the Easter pics the girls are getting so big. :( I'm glad to hear you all are doing good. Wish we weren't on opposite sides of the country. I miss you guys. Love ya all!

Birch Family said...

Angela, I'm so sorry about your grandma. I didn't hear. (where have I been?) Anyway, loved the post, great to catch up with you. (I had to start over twice because of my stupid computer, someday I'll have a working one. Sort of sounds like we're in the same boat, my computer, your camera!) Kiss the girls for me, they're all getting so big and beautiful!

Penny and the Gang said...

So glad to read up on your family!! Glad to hear the family is doing good. The sisterly love is the greatest! I will be checking in to see how the family is doing. Love all of ya!

fancynancy&grandpalyle said...

Just wanted to tell you how much I miss you all. Love you!!